Vegan Thai – Curry and rice
A delicious vegan thai curry to try, this makes a great dinner for a date night with your love :) We love thai-food. For real. It is a family favorite in this house.
Write a review
- Coconut milk
- Sugar and salt
- soya sauce
- A curry sauce (we used a fix one this time, but you can do your own)
- in a pot or pan, heat oil
- add all of the curry paste
- then add ½ cup coconut milk and saute for 2 to 3 mins.
- then add the chopped veggies (chilies, corn, peas and carots) and stir well.
- (you can also do it the other way round first the veggies then the sauce)
- add 1.5 to 2 cups water, and a bit of sugar and salt.
- stir well
- cover the pan
- simmer the veggies till they are almost cooked and tender
- then add the rest ½ cup coconut milk
- stir and add a bit of soy sauce.
- cover and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes more.
- serve this vegan curry with steamed jasmine rice or basmati rice
- When you make thai food, it would be lovely to use the authentic thai herbs like galangal, kaffir lime leaves, lemon grass stalks or thai basil. You can find them in speciality asian stores. This time we did not have them in our house, but we used what we've got to make this yummie!
- Lots of love, Mama Leone.
Mama Leone http://mamaleoneblog.com/